Finding a sleigh bed for sale is not difficult, and using the internet makes it even easier. First, however, let’s discuss what this type of bed is and then where you can find one. This will involve a discussion of a few of the better bedroom furniture manufacturers, and then how to access these either online or offline.
- Crafted from birch wood, a deciduous hardwood that isn’t easily mottled or discolored overtime. It makes it ideal for furniture making as it is durable and doesn’t warp easily.
- Woven Polyester wrapped premium flame retardant foam for a medium firm feel
- Overall Dimensions: 67" L x 88" W x 56" H, 105 lbs
- All exposed hardware has a Zinc finish
- Hand-Applied Nailheads
- Dark gray chenille upholstered sleigh bed
- Rolled headboard and footboard
- Nailhead trim and button tufting
- Foundation required; mattress not included
- Ships in three (3) boxes and requires assembly
- 【Bedroom Refresh 】 Wave-like silhouette of Our low profile bed is one of a kind addition to any contemporary bedroom. This upholstered platform bed is fully wrapped in soft PU leather for ultimate comfort and looks, and features a slatted base
- 【Ajustable headboard】Mid supporting metal rail with two height-adjustable metal legs, and the movable headboard can be adjusted to two heights of 27 in & 28 in
- 【No Box Spring Needed】This platform bed features a wooden slat support system eliminating the need for a box spring while creating a lasting foundation for both innerspring and memory foam mattresses
- 【sturdy construction】Strong solid wood frames with large metal connecting brackets for a sturdy construction, brings organic vibes to your space
- 【Bed frame with 1 box】We have improved the packaging by putting all the accessories inside one box, no more waiting for the second box to arrive, enjoy wave link bed faster
- Finish: Cherry
- Material: Wood, Veneer (Wood), Composite Wood
- Traditional Style
- Sleigh Design
- With 3 Slats - Box Spring is Required
- Box Spring required
- Sleigh panel bed
- Knock Down Construction headboard & footboard
- Mahogany solids and Cherry veneers.
- Footboard and rails do not lack detail, picture frame moldings and spindle legs
- Assembly required. Sleigh beds dimensions: 78. 75 W x 94. 75 D x 53 H
- The Package Dimensions of the Product is 9.75" H x 13.25" L x 92.75" W
- Ships in several boxes, may ship separately
- Important Notice: To reduce damage in transit, this bed frame will be shipped by 2 boxes and may be delivered on different days. Please feel free to contact us in your order detail page by click the button "contact seller" if you only received one box.
- Modern Design: A soft beige deluxe faux leather upholstery and thick sponge padded backrest headboard, easy to reading and watching TV on bed.
- Sturdy Structure: Wood and Metal Frame with strong wooden curved slat support system. Maximum weight capacity: 800 lbs; Mattress height recommendation: 8-14 inches.
- Easy to Clean: Qualiry faux leather upholstered on top, easy to clean and keep no dust on surface.
- Easy Assembly: Coming with everything you need in two packages., it can be put together in less than an hour.
- 【Much comfortable】 Much comfort than vertical headboard , also more ergonomic!
- 【Friendly For children】 Low height approximate to the ground , easy for kids to climb up and down;
- 【No Box Spring Needed】 Wooden slat support system eliminating the need for a box spring;
- 【Sturdy construction】 Strong solid wood frames with large metal connecting brackets for a sturdy construction;
- 【Only One Box】 Packaging has been updated; All parts you need is carefully packed in only one box.
- Crafted from pine wood
- Measurements are 84" length x 56" width x 42" height
- Long lasting with a touch of sophistication
- Box Spring required
- 3 Center rail support with 10 slat supporting legs
- Fully padded bed
- Button Tufted headboard & low profile footboard
- Dimension: 106"l x 81"d x 94"H
What is a Sleigh Bed?
The bed takes its name from its basic shape, being similar to that of a traditional sleigh. They come in two basic forms: one with the headboard curving backward and the footboard curving forwards, away from the bed, and the other with no footboard, just the backwards curving headboard.
There are no particular benefits of the design of a sleigh bed. They are simply aesthetic, and many people prefer the curved look to the traditional straight end boards. Although most have both boards, an example of the latter is the Virginia sleigh bed by Nichols and Stone, part of the Stickley Furniture group.
Optional Bed Suppliers
There are many bedroom furniture suppliers that manufacture sleigh beds in addition to Nichols and Stone. Stickley furniture itself offers a number, including the magnificent Tribeca King sleigh bed in a number of sizes, including the King size at 79.5 inches wide by 96.5 inches long, with and without the footboard.
Simply Amish Furniture offer several designs of sleigh bed for sale. Not only does this firm offer a number of designs, but also an option of woods, such as walnut, oak, hickory, maple and cherry, each with alternative finishes. Among the oak beds for sale are red and quarter sawn oak.
Most bedroom furniture stores do not offer a sleigh bed for sale in their range, although it might be worth checking out companies such as The Custom Shoppe and Taylor King and asking if they do so. The Kingston range by Canal Dover furniture contains a beautiful slatted bed in the sleigh style, but is not referred to as such. However, if you are genuinely seeking a sleigh bed for sale rather than any other style, it is certainly worth asking the question.
Sleigh Bed Headboards
If you already have a perfectly serviceable bed, you may not want to go the expense of purchasing a whole new bed. In this case it is possible to buy the sleigh design headboard only – and perhaps also the footboard. Make sure the width is the same as your bed or existing headboard, and it is generally fairly easy to switch headboards and give your bed a brand new look. If you change the headboard and footboard, the type and finish of the wood you choose shouldn’t matter. You should be able to use anything you like.
In fact, you can do this with any bed where the headboard is not a fixed integral part of the bed. Even if it is, it should be possible to achieve if you have a friend who is a carpenter. It’s simply a matter of replacing one part of your bed with another. You can do this with any headboard or footboard design to give your bed a new look. Why not also get a new mattress from a firm such as Jamison Bedding, and provide your bed with a whole new makeover?
Bedroom Buying Tips
If you are looking for a sleigh bed for sale and can’t find one that you like, don’t just buy anything. You will have that bed for a long time, and it is better to wait until you eventually find the lovely bed you want than make do with something you will regret purchasing after a week or so.
Remember: all you may need is the headboard, and the most important part of your bed is the mattress. You can buy a sleigh bed without the mattress, and then choose the best type of mattress for the huge range offered by bedding specialists such as Jamison Bedding or some other company that can offer you the type of mattress you need.
Some people set their hearts on a sleigh bed and then see something in a different style with which they immediately fall in love. So keep an open mind on what you really want. Perhaps you just haven’t seen some of the other great designs out there. However, if you must find that sleigh bed for sale that you have set your heart on, then there are many outlets, both offline and online, that should be able to help you out.