Wood planers are a tool that is an absolute necessity for any serious woodworking enthusiast. This tool is used to not only get the job done quickly, but also to increase the product’s quality as well. For this reason, it is important to know the best wood planers and wood thickness planers to choose from.
One thing to consider is the size of the wood planer that you are looking for. A large planer is going to be a lot more expensive than a smaller one. A properly sized planer is very important if you are planning on using your wood planer for a large quantity of work. It is possible to find some really large planers on the market that will fit into most any budget.
Another thing to consider when purchasing a wood planer is the height of the motor. When talking about thick planers, the higher the motor, the higher the quality of the tool. Also, high power is another great indicator of the quality of the tool that you are going to be purchasing.
Thickness Planer Reviews and Ratings
While there are some really cheap, but high quality, plans available in many places, there are not many that will match the popularity of a popular name brand. The reason why a popular brand is popular is because it usually has very high quality components inside. For people that do not want to spend a lot of money, but still want a high quality product, these are the tools that they should be considering.
If you are going to use your wooden planer for a long period of time, then the longer the life of the planer, the better. The more life a planer has, the longer it will last. This is why wood planers that are more than 10 years old are often quite popular. The more life that a player has, the longer the life of the wood planer that you purchase.
When you are ready to purchase your next wood planer, then it will be wise to first make sure that you know what you want. Talk to friends, and look online for reviews about the wood planer that you want to purchase. Once you have these tools in hand, it will be easier to determine the right planer for you.
Top 10 Best Wood Thickness Planers
- Purchase includes one stationary 13" Planer, in/out feed tables with fasteners (attached to the base of the Planer base), extra blades and dust hose adapter. Stand is not included.
- Three knife cutter head of the thickness planer delivers 30% longer knife life and makes knife change faster and easier
- Two-speed gear box of the wood planer allows users to change feed speed to optimizing cuts per inch at 96 or 179 CPI
- Fan-assisted chip ejection vacuums chip off of the cutter head and exhausts them out of the machine
- 19-3/4-inch cast aluminum base is 2 times more rigid than a standard 10-inch base and folding tables
- Plane boards up to 6 inches thick and 13 inches wide
- 15A motor generates 30,000 cuts per minute at a 26 feet per minute feed rate
- Includes three reversible 13-inch SK5 blades (model BP133K)
- Adjust the depth of cut anywhere from 0 to 1/8 of an inch with each pass
- FUNCTION: This portable thickness planer serves as an essential tool and workhorse for a wide range of professional and DIY woodworking projects – specifically designed to repurpose wood (old, weathered and worn wood), while giving it an extraordinarily smooth finish
- EFFECTIVE: Has a heavy duty, anti-wobble base that’s ultra sturdy – providing a non-marring benchtop planer surface that will support an assortment of plane boards up to 12.5” wide and 6” thick
- POWERFUL: Combines an impressive 15 amp motor with an innovative 2 blade cutting system that delivers deep cuts into your hard woods (raw oak, pallet wood, walnut lumber) and more
- QUICK: A stainless steel precision cutter head allows this planer to deliver over 18,800 cuts per minute with a 9,400 RPM
- PRODUCT WARRANTY: Includes a 1 year limited manufacturer warranty for quality assurance
- Onboard material removal gauge informs users about the cutting depth of each pass
- Plane boards up to 6 in. T and 13 in. W
- 15 Amp motor generates 25,500 cuts per minute at a 26 ft. per minute feed rate
- 3-blade design makes easy work out of even the hardest of woods
- Fan-assisted dust port removes sawdust from workpiece
- Plane boards up to 6 inches thick and 12.5 inches wide
- 15A motor generates 20,000 cuts per minute at a 26 feet per minute feed rate
- Includes two reversible 12.5-inch SK5 blades (model BP122K)
- Adjust the depth of anywhere from 0 to 1/8 of an inch with each pass
- Compact with less weight for easy transporting to the jobsite
- Engineered for faster, easier blade changes
- Low noise (83dB) for operator comfort
- 4-post design and diagonal cross supports for stability
- Large table extensions to support the workpiece
- 17,500 cuts per minute for a high quality, consistently smooth finish to the workpiece
- Easy, accurate setting of depth of cut in 1/16-inch (1.6mm) increments
- Circuit breaker for enhanced electrical safety
- Dust chute for efficient dust extraction that can be mounted on either side for a cleaner, safer working environment
- Premium Quality: 1500W high-power wood planer, with 2pcs(1 set) double cutter blades, all-metal workbench and steel floor stand. With max cutting width of 12.5" (319mm), cutting thickness of 0.2"-6" (5-150mm), blade speed of 9000rpm, and feeding speed of 315"/min (8m/min).
- Convenient Operation: A crank handle for easy adjustment of the height of cutter head; scale ruler for precise machining; grooves on both sides are designed for easy mobility; automatic feeding design is available, able to auto-feed the materials.
- Considerate Design: The dust exhaust interface is able to connect to dust collectors for easy cleanup of the flying wood chips to cultivate a clean working environment; the detachable & heavy-duty stand is available for more sturdy fixation of the wood planer.
- Reliability & Security: Equipped with power-off protection electromagnetic switch; the overcurrent protector can be tripped when motor is overloaded.
- Wide Application: Designed for planing of old, weathered, rough and worn wood, and giving it an extraordinary smooth finish. Can be used for planning wood, bamboo, lining nylon, etc.
- Motor: 3 HP, 240V, single-phase, 14A
- Maximum cutting width: 15"
- Maximum stock thickness: 8-1/4"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/4"
- Minimum stock length: 6-3/8"
- 【PREMIUM QUALITY】- 1500W high-power wood planer, with 2pcs double cutter blades, has all-metal workbench and steel floor stand. With max cutting width of 12.5" (319 mm), the cutting thickness of 0.2"-6" (5-150 mm), blade speed of 9000rpm, and feeding speed of 315"/min (8 m/min).
- 【CONVENIENT OPERATION】- A crank handle for easy adjustment of the height of cutter head; scale ruler for precise machining; grooves on both sides are designed for easy mobility; automatic feeding design is available, able to auto-feed the materials.
- 【CONSIDERATE DESIGN】- The dust exhaust interface can connect to dust collectors for easy cleanup of the flying wood chips to cultivate a clean working environment; the detachable & heavy-duty stand is available for more strong fixation of the wood planer.
- 【RELIABILITY & SAFETY】- Equipped with power-off protection electromagnetic switch, and the over-current protector can be tripped when the motor is overloaded. This design dramatically improves security performance, ensuring a stable & reliable operation, extending the service life.
- 【WIDE APPLICATION】- Designed for planing old, weathered, rough and worn wood, and giving it an extraordinarily smooth finish; used for planning wood, bamboo, lining nylon, etc.